Title: Are we still married?

Question

Assalam Alaikum My husband from Hindu family. And we liked and got married in Islamic way. Before marriage he learned namaaz tarteeb and few Surah. After marriage, due to adjust with his family too, started some time to adjust with their culture prayer. Later after coming to US he actual came to kn much abt Islam with friends and attend just jumma and if friend come, do namaaz with them. He didn't stopped me or kids to followed. But never he followed. As after marriage he was not in Islamic way, ; Whether our marriage get void, As he bit follow with friends now , whether rebounding of marriage is required if I want to continue with him. When I say to do rebounding of marriage; he ask question that whether U think we r not married ! This question I want to make clear Pls let me know Reshma

Answer

Sister,

You state that you were married in the Islamic way. Did your husband accept Islam before marrying you?. What do you mean by him adjusting with their cultural prayers? Kindly provide us with the enquired information. You may send your answer to admin@daruliftaa.net.

Ibn Jibran Kadarkhan

Mauritius