Asked Country: New Zealand

Title: Should I continue my habit of reciting the following mamoolat?

Question

Assalam o Alaikum, 

So I have this practice to recite all 6 kalmay, 4 quls, Ayat ul Kursi, Surah Fateh, Darood Shareef and its been my habit for few years now. Alhamdullilah with a strong belief in AlMighty Allah and always found it working for me. Upon entering bus, I recite Surah Muzzammil as a habit. Just wanted to check with you if it is alright and if you want to suggest anything more into this. I want Allah SubhanWaTAllah to be happy with me, my family and my elders (living and dead), please guide. JazakaAllah. 

Answer

We commend you on your goal to attain the pleasure of Allah Ta’āla.

Continue your azkaar and adopt the following points and Insha’Allah you will become the beloved of Allah Ta’āla,

1. Inculcate taqwa in your life,

2. Carry out all the faraidh(compulsory) and waajibat (necessary) and abstain from all haram(prohibited) and makruuh tahreemi (prohibitively detested) acts.

2. Adopt good company,

3. Be steadfast with dhikr and the recitation of the Holy Qur’aan

4. Purifying the nafs(tazkiya). Tazkiya refers to cleansing oneself from all evils, from wrong beliefs to immoral practices and spiritual maladies, like pride, jealously, anger etc. One cannot attain the closeness of Allah Taala with a spiritually ill heart.

An important point to consider is that a spiritual guide is needed to aid a person in acquiring the friendship the of Allah Ta’āla.

A spiritual guide should have the following qualities,

a.) He strictly adheres to the Sunnah.

b.) He stays away from bi'dah (innovations).

c.) Has been given permission by his own Shaykh to accept murids (students in the path of Tassawuf)

We also advise you to read the following beneficial book:

What is the reality of Bay’ah and Spiritual Reformation?

http://daruliftaa.net/index.php/resources/publications/finish/27-publications/938-the-reality-of-bayah-modified-version

Huzaifah Deedat