Title: Eating food which was affected by Sihr

Question

Recently me and my aunts had eaten food at another relative's house, soon after we were always arguing and my grades fell and we developed health issues. My mother did roqyia and we vomited some disgusting white and black spotted substance. We figured it was eaten sihr, but we have never seen such thing before. What is it made from?

Answer

The presence of Sihr (black magic) is undoubtedly common in the world. It cannot be entirely negated and overlooked because the Qur’ān and Ahādīth also to allude to the different aspects regarding this. Furthermore, the precautionary measures to be adopted against the evils of these aspects and the cure for those who have been afflicted have also been mentioned in the Qur’ān and Ahādīth.

Sihr (black magic) is most definitely present and effective. However, it should be noted that every illness, discomfort and calamity cannot attributed on Sihr (black magic) as is the common practice of people nowadays. It should be born in mind that whilst Sihr (black magic) is effective in nature, it is not as common as people consider it to be. Often people afflicted with medical issues tend to turn towards an Aamil, totally neglecting the medical aspect. It is incumbent that one exhausts all medical treatment before turning towards ascertaining whether it is the effect of Sihr (black magic) or not.[1]

In the scenario above, we advise you to seek out medical counsel before jumping to any conclusion. If you are still unsatisfied with the results, then you may approach an Aamil and enquire from him regarding the substance you vomited.

Abdullah ibn Mohammed Aijaz

Baltimore, USA