Country: Europe
Date: 2nd October 2016

Can I Marry a hindu girl if she is ready to accept Islam?

Question

Can i marry a hindu girl  she is ready to accept islam 

I am afraid that if i will not marry her than she will not accept islam because her parents will get her married to a hindu girl.

Please guide me . I myself like this girl and want to maary her but i want to go according the shariah 

Answer

Assalāmu ῾alaykum wa Rahmatullāhi Wabarakātuh

It is permissible to marry a hindu girl if she genuinely accepts Islam before the marriage.1 It is also important to consider the implications of marrying such a woman. We advise you to seek the wise counsel of appropriate people and also make istikhara before committing to marriage.

Jibran Kadarkhan

Mauritius  

[1]

وَلَا تَنْكِحُوا الْمُشْرِكَاتِ حَتَّى يُؤْمِنَّ وَلَأَمَةٌ مُؤْمِنَةٌ خَيْرٌ مِنْ مُشْرِكَةٍ وَلَوْ أَعْجَبَتْكُمْ وَلَا تُنْكِحُوا الْمُشْرِكِينَ حَتَّى يُؤْمِنُوا وَلَعَبْدٌ مُؤْمِنٌ خَيْرٌ مِنْ مُشْرِكٍ وَلَوْ أَعْجَبَكُمْ

(2:221)

“Do not marry unbelieving women (idolaters), until they believe: A slave woman who believes is better than an unbelieving woman, even though she allures you. Nor marry (your girls) to unbelievers until they believe: A man slave who believes is better than an unbeliever, even though he allures you.”