Country: United Arab Emirates

I am not getting any Marriage Proposals

Question

Asalam Walaikum Imam, I have one question on marriage for single girls. I am done with my education and Career Alhamdillah. But now want to settle and planning to get married. But I am not getting any proposals. In the past my parents rejected ao many proposals that now no one is coming. I wanted a advise from if you could help me. I want to recite the below ayat but I dont know if I can read it all the time ?

Rabbi inni lemaa anzalta elayya min khairin faqeer (Chapter 28, verse 24)

Answer

We take note of the contents of your email and your feeling of depression.

We are living in a world of means. When searching for anything one adopts appropriate means to acquire it. You should also adopt means and seek counsel from appropriate people in searching for a suitable husband.

Apart from adopting the means, the following duas are effective. Allah will put barakah in the means you adopt and guide you to the right spouse. [1]

لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنْتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ

Translation: ‘There is none worthy of worship except You, Glory to You; Indeed, I have been of the transgressors.

This is the supplication of Dhun-Nun (Prophet Yunus Alaihis Salaam) while he was in the belly of the whale.

Nabi ﷺ said:

فَإِنَّهُ لَمْ يَدْعُ بِهَا رَجُلٌ مُسْلِمٌ فِي شَيْءٍ قَطُّ إِلاَّ اسْتَجَابَ اللَّهُ لَهُ ‏"

So indeed, no Muslim man supplicates with it for anything, ever, except Allah responds to him.”

(Jamiut-Tirmidhi)

ربي إني لما انزلت الي من خير فقير 

Transliteration: “Inni Lima anzalta illayye min khairin faqeer”

Translation: “Indeed I am in need of goodness”

(Surah Al-Qasas, Verse 24)

This is the supplication of Moosa (Alayhis Salaam), which he read while he was a traveller and desperate for his basic needs. 

"‏ اللَّهُمَّ رَبَّنَا آتِنَا فِي الدُّنْيَا حَسَنَةً، وَفِي الآخِرَةِ حَسَنَةً، وَقِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ ‏"‏‏

Translation: "O Allah! Give to us in the world that which is good and in the Hereafter that which is good, and save us from the torment of the Fire."

(Saheeh Al-Bukhari, Saheeh Al-Muslim)

Together with all the above, pray two rakaats Salaatul Haajah and implore Allah to bless you with a good and pious husband.

May Allah Ta’ala bless you with the most compatible partner who is a means of happiness for you in this world and the hereafter. Aameen.

________

[1]  Khawaateen Ke Masaa'il Aur Unka Hal- (Mufti Yusuf Ludhyanwi Rahimahullah)

Mustanad Majmoo'aah Wadhaaif- (Mufti Nidhaamud Deen Shamzi Rahimahullah)