Title: Husband cannot find job

Question

Asalamalaikum,I got married last year n now m 9months pregnant, my husband has no good job, at present he is trying job in other countries but no use n now he is workin in delhi in 9000rs monthly. He is trying so much but he is getting any good job. Could u plz tel y he is not getting good job.  He wants to do his own small business but dnt have money. He is planning to make n sell some food items with 50thousand indian rupees, so could you plz tel dat is business will b good for him or not. And any dua or wazaif for rizq

Answer

We apologise for the belated response.

We acknowledge the difficulties that you may be facing. However, one should remember that each and everything is from Allah and it is Allah who chooses how much sustenance a person will receive. Therefore, you should beg Allah for help whilst having firm belief that Allah will accept your Duaa and having patience. Consider the following Hadith:

قَالَ أَبُو سَعِيدٍ الْخُدْرِيُّ، عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ: " مَا مِنْ مُسْلِمٍ يَدْعُو، لَيْسَ بِإِثْمٍ وَلَا بِقَطِيعَةِ رَحِمٍ، إِلَّا أَعْطَاهُ إِحْدَى ثَلَاثٍ: إِمَّا أَنْ يُعَجِّلَ لَهُ دَعْوَتَهُ، وَإِمَّا أَنْ يَدَّخِرَهَا لَهُ فِي الْآخِرَةِ، وَإِمَّا أَنْ يَدْفَعَ عَنْهُ مِنَ السُّوءِ مِثْلَهَا "، قَالَ: إِذًا نُكْثِرُ، قَالَ: «اللَّهُ أَكْثَرُ 

الأدب المفرد مخرجا (ص: 248) 

Translation: Abu Sa’eed Khudri )Radhiyallahu Anhu) narrates that Nabi () said: “Whichever Muslim makes duaa to Allah Ta’ala and supplicates to Him, and his duaa does not contain any sin or the severance of family ties, Allah Ta’ala will grant him one of three things: either He will grant him what he had asked for, or He will keep the reward of the duaa for him in the Aakhirah, or He will avert a calamity from him.” The Sahaabah (Radhiyallahu Anhum) said: “In that case, we will engage in abundant duaa,” Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) replied: “Allah Ta’ala has more than what you imagine. (Al-Adab Al-Mufrad P.248)

قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم: «يستجاب للعبد ما لم يدع بإثم أو قطيعة رحم ما لم يستعجل» . قيل: يا رسول الله ما الاستعجال؟ قال: " يقول: قد دعوت وقد دعوت فلم أر يستجاب لي فيستحسر عند ذلك ويدع الدعاء ". رواه مسلم

مشكاة المصابيح (2/ 692)

Translation: Rasulullah () said: The supplication of a slave continues to be granted as long as he does not supplicate for a sinful thing or for something that would cut off the ties of kinship and he does not grow impatient." It was said: "O Rasulullah ! What does growing impatient mean?" He () said, "It is one's saying: 'I supplicated again and again but I do not think that my prayer will be answered.' Then he becomes frustrated and gives up supplication altogether." (Mishkaatul Masabih narrating from Sahih Muslim 2/692)

You may also include the following Duaa amongst your Duaas:

اللَّهُمَّ اكْفِنِي بِحلالك عَن حرامك وأغنني بِفَضْلِك عَمَّن سواك

Transliteration: “Allahumma ikfini bihalaalika an haraamika wa-aghnini bifadhlika amman siwaak”

Translation: “Oh Allah, suffice me with that which is Halal from that which is Haraam and through your virtue make me independent from anyone besides you”.

Encourage your husband to adopt all possible means for his income and also consult appropriate people. Thereafter, leave the rest to Allah and be content with the decree of Allah.

Riḍwān 

UK