Title: Company Insurance

Question

Assalam o Alaikum. In my company, employees are given free health insurance policy as part of medical benefit. We have a yearly limit of medical prescriptions, doctor fee and inpatient charges. Employees don't contribute anything but they are given an insurance card by the company. the company pays all the premium or charges for all employees as part of the benefit. Employees need to fill a form and submit it to HR for medical claim. Please advise if it would be permissble for me claim for my medical bills such as doctor fee and prescription.

Answer

Answer:

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuhu

Your question refers. We understand that you receive medical insurance facilities and benefits thereof fully paid for by your company. Based on this understanding and premise, the benefits issued in your favour by the insurance company will be considered a gratuity similar to company bonuses and the like. You may therefore avail of such benefits.

Ismail Desai,

Checked and Approved,