I am suffering from waswasa and depression. What should i do?

Question

I am suffering with wasawis and doubt problems which give me lots of stress and i feel deepres in this conditon what should now i do?

Answer

We advise you not to ponder and build on these thoughts, as you will be aiding the Shaytaan in fulfilling his mission. Do not allow the whispers of Shaytaan to intimidate you.

Hereunder are some ways to combat the whisperings of Shaytaan:

• Constantly recite the undermentioned supplications/duas :

رَبِّ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ هَمَزَاتِ الشَّيَاطِينِ وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ رَبِّ أَنْ يَحْضُرُونِ

Translation: O Allah! I seek your protection from the evil whisperings of the Shaytaan, and, O my Rabb, I seek Your protection that they (the Shaytaan) approach me (because they always approach with evil).’”

(Surah Al-Mu’minoon, Verses 97-98)

اَللَّهُمَّ اجْعَلْ وَسَاوِسَ قلبي خَشْيَتَكَ وذِكْرَكَ واجْعَلْ همتي وهَوَايَ فِيْمَا تُحِبُّ وتَرْضَى

Translation: “O Allah! Make Your fear and remembrance the obsession of my mind and divert my will and courage to the performance of deeds that please You.”

لا حول ولا قوة الا بالله

Translation: There is no power to neither do any good nor prevent any evil except in Allah

• Recite the Ta’awwudh as much as possible.   
  • Recite Surah Al-Falaq and Surah Al-Naas
  • Implore Allah Taalah in Du’aa to alleviate you from your predicament. Du’aa is the most powerful weapon of the believer.

• Read the book “Combating the whisperings of Shaytaan” by Hadhrat Moulana Yunus Patel Saheb (Rahimahullah).

Kindly refer to the following link to download the book۔

My beloved Ustaadh Hadhrat Mufti Ebrahim Desai Saheb Hafidhaullah advises:

When you are on a highway filled with smoke that obscures the road, you will not worry to remove the smoke. You will focus on the road and drive through the smoke. You will pay attention on the road and not at the smoke.

The wasaawis are like the smoke. Ignore the wasaawis and work through them even though your work might feel obscured. Do not get caught up with the tricks of Shaytaan.

May Almighty Allah alleviate you from your predicament. Aameen.