Fatwa: # 34493
Category: Marriage & Divorce
Country: Canada
Date: 5th October 2018


I wish to marry her


Assalaamu `alaykum waRahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

How do I deal with missing some one? 

I am currently living in Canada but recently just came back from pakistan after visiting my family. When i was their I felt somthing for this girl and i can assure you that i didn't get any dirty thoughts about her. I just felt as if im in love with her beauty and her personality. I am now in canada and i cant stop thinking about her, i wish to marry her. How do i deal with this? For your information; the girl is my cousin. I cant put it in words how much i want to be with her, i have never felt this way before. I just want to know what i should do. Can i pray for her to be mine? thank you jazakallah!


In the Name of Allaah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salaamu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullaahi wa-barakaatuh.

Brother in Islaam,

It is clear that you have an infatuation for the girl you refer to. You should discuss your feelings about the girl with your parents and seek their wise counsel. In the meanwhile, do not let the vision and thought of the girl dominate your thoughts and be an obstacle in focusing in your ‘ibaaidaat and duties.

And Allaah Ta’aala Knows Best.

Muajul I. Chowdhury

Student, Darul Iftaa

Astoria, New York, USA

Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.

DISCLAIMER - AskImam.org questions
AskImam.org answers issues pertaining to Shar'ah. Thereafter, these questions and answers are placed for public view on www.askimam.org for educational purposes. However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. Askimam.org bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.
  • The Shar's ruling herein given is based specifically on the question posed and should be read in conjunction with the question.
  • AskImam.org bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer and is being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.
  • This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of AskImam.org.
  • Any or all links provided in our emails, answers and articles are restricted to the specific material being cited. Such referencing should not be taken as an endorsement of other contents of that website.
The Messenger of Allah said, "When Allah wishes good for someone, He bestows upon him the understanding of Deen."
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]