Title: Suicidal Attitude

Question

I am very fed up and frustrated i dont know what should i do. I am in US and not finding a good job and fired from two jobs. My imaan became very weak and facing difficulties in namaz, I became far from masjid , deen , aamal and from ALLAH   pls advise me wht should i do   i dont have job , money  want to look after my parents   i am completely helpless    i am getting thoughts to kill myself but its haraam  pls adivise...

Answer

Every human being faces challenges. Which human being does not? If you go deeper into the lives of people, you will realise that your challenges are relatively small.

As people of Iman, our belief is that the various challenges of life are a test of our Iman.See the following verse 

{ وَلَنَبْلُوَنَّكُمْ بِشَيْءٍ مِنَ الْخَوْفِ وَالْجُوعِ وَنَقْصٍ مِنَ الْأَمْوَالِ وَالْأَنْفُسِ وَالثَّمَرَاتِ [البقرة: 155]

“Most definitely we will test you (to see whether you exercise sabr) with a (little) bit of fear, with hunger and with a shortage in wealth, life (the test is by way of illness, death, difficulties) and fruit (produce and products)….”

The answer to these various tests in life is also stated further in the verse

وَبَشِّرِ الصَّابِرِين[البقرة: 155]

So give good news (of entering Jannah) to those who exercise sabr.[1]

We advise you to be patient and turn to Allah. Allah tests our reaction in these challenges of life. Contain yourself and strengthen your Iman in Allah. Allah brought these challenges, so Allah alone can change the adverse conditions to relief and favorable conditions. Allah speaks about Ibrahim Alayhi Salaam  

{وَالَّذِي هُوَ يُطْعِمُنِي وَيَسْقِينِ (79) وَإِذَا مَرِضْتُ فَهُوَ يَشْفِينِ } [الشعراء: 79، 80]

“Verily only Allah grants me sustenance and provides me drink and Allah is the on who cures me whenever I become ill…” 

Therefore, it does not help distancing yourself from Allah, the Masjid and Salah. In doing so you will be failing the test. Change your direction and revert to Allah. Try and frequent the masjid. Also increase your Zikr of Allah and abundant Durood (salawaat) upon Rasulullah SallAllahu Alayhi Wasallam

Also this world is a world of means. Adopt all means for a suitable job. As long as you adopt means and turn to Allah, you have played your role. Leave the rest to Allah and resort to Tawakkul. Find the courage in yourself, be positive and move forward.

We make dua Allah grant you the courage and strength in your challenge. Aameen.

Imran Cyclewala

[1] Quran Made Easy Pg. 101 ZamZam