Title: I am divorced, now I got a proposal from someone I do not feel to be attractive, should I accept?

Question

Dillemma about Ishtikhara

As salam alaykum;

I've been divorced for 5 years and have a 7-year-old daughter. I have received a preposition of marriage from a brother from my country. The brother has never been married, I've conducted some research on him, he was never with any woman, pious, according to many people he's very generous, nice, wise and responsible. A good brother, a few years older than me. My sister and friends are pressuring me to get maried to him because he's pious and very generous. They think I might not get a good opportunity like him. I've prayed Ishtikhara for 4 days now, but I'm still confused, I'm not physically attracted to him at all although I appreciate his generous side. Sometimes I think about just go blindly and get married to him but by looking at his picture, my heart says totally the opposite "NO". People think that I'm getting older and have a daughter, my chances are limited and I should just accept because getting married is good. I don't know what to do, Should I do it or not? Should I keep praying Ishtikara or turn the brother down? I'm very tormented about this, I feel guilty about maybe not seeing him attractive. Please help me make up a mind. People tell me that I should refer to Rassoulullah (SAW)'s hadith (more or less) that we should marry the most religous amoung us. Please tell me what to do. Am I in a wrong in here? Am I aiming high that I shouldn't?

Answer

Our advise is you continue making istikhara.

The conduct and appearance of a person is known to a people. What is hidden is best known to Allah alone. Do not proceed in marriage without being sure. Should anything unfortunate surface later, you will have to deal with it and not people who advised you.

Also turn to Allah with dua, salaatul haajah and zikr.