Asked Country: Qatar

Title: Talaaq talaaq talaaq

Question

assalamu alaikum,my friend had gave the divorce after 3 days he went her home and apologise (raju ).after one week she and her mother meet him in his home town and her mother told him give him 25000 per month or gave her divorceat the end my friend tell her on front of talaq,talaq talaqnow we or confusedhe can apologize again or she has haram for himpls give me answer with reference

Answer

Brother in Islaam,

You state that your friend said “talaq talaq talaq” when he was given the option of either giving 25000 per month or issuing divorce. He chose the issue the divorce and said “talaq talaq talaq”. What was the husband’s intention? Did he intend to give three talaaqs or did he repeat the word talaaq to emphasize (taakeed) his choice of issuing talaaq? emphasis or did he intend three talaaqs? You may revert to us at admin@daruliftaa.net.

The husband must be truthful. Allaah Ta’aala is well-aware of what he had intended. This is an issue of halaal and haraam. No fatwaa can change a haraam to halaal.