Title: I committed a sin!

Question

Assalamualayikum,
I repent of my past sins and dont want anybody to know of them. Can you tell me any dua in this regard?
I want to lead a respectful life, can you tell me dua?

I am very changed and want to observe taqwa. can I still now observe taqwa inspite of the fact that i have commited some sins in past?
Actually in my past , I uesd to talk to a boy.

Answer

Allah is الغفور (The Most Forgiving).

Allah is الرحيم (The Most Moerciful).

Allah is الستار (The Concealer of sins)

Allah Ta`ala tells us in the Quran;

{قُلْ يَاعِبَادِيَ الَّذِينَ أَسْرَفُوا عَلَى أَنْفُسِهِمْ لَا تَقْنَطُوا مِنْ رَحْمَةِ اللَّهِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ جَمِيعًا إِنَّهُ هُوَ الْغَفُورُ الرَّحِيمُ (53)} [الزمر: 53]

Translation; “Say, O my beloved salves who how wronged themselves, do not be despondent from the mercy of Allah. Allah forgives all sins. He is the Most forgiving, Most Merciful”. (Sura Zumar. Verse 53).

You committed a sin and made tauba. Be rest assured, if you were sincere in your tauba, you are forgiven. In future exercise restraint. That is taqwa when a person commits sins and repents, that is very much liked by Allah.

Rasulullah ﷺ said;

"التَّائِبُ مِنْ الذَّنْبِ كَمَنْ لَا ذَنْبَ لَهُ"

سنن ابن ماجه ت الأرنؤوط (5/ 320)

Translation; “The one who repented from a sin is like one who did not commit a sin” (Sunan Ibni Majah, Vol 5, Pg 320, Risalatul Aalamiyya)