Country: Saudi Arabia

Eating doubtful food

Question

Assalam o Alaikum

I live in Saudi Arabia and am planning to go for Hajj this year InshAllah. We practice extreme caution in consuming chicken as most of the chicken available in markets and restaurants is doubtful. A person who I knew to be practicing similar caution sent me some chicken to eat and I consumed it thinking that it must be halal but later I came to know that it was imported product (hence very doubtful). I have made repentance for my folly. Under these circumstances will my hajj and duas be accepted? What else can be done on my part in order to escape the harm from this unfortunate incident.

Answer

Your sensitivity in regards to consuming halaal food is commendable.

You made an honest mistake in consuming the chicken. You have repented from that mistake. That is sufficient. The mistake will not negatively impact your present ‘ibaadaat, du’aas and Hajj as well.