Title: Is it permissible for me to study forensic computing?

Question

Is it permissible for me to study forensic computing at university I have been getting a lot of stick saying I shouldn't do it. 

Answer

Dear Brother,

Computer forensics (also known as computer forensic science) is a branch of digital forensic science pertaining to evidence found in computers and digital storage media. The goal of computer forensics is to examine digital media in a forensically sound manner with the aim of identifying, preserving, recovering, analysing and presenting facts and opinions about the digital information[i].

It is permissible to study forensic computing.

Tareque Ahmed

______________________________

[i] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_forensics