Date: 4th May 2019

Feeling pain when reading the Quran

Question

Whenever I read the Quran I feel pain rushing through my body. I would stop take a break and then continue. The same thing happens. At times I would also lose my breathe and have difficulties breathing. Today i was reading the Quran, trying my best finish it before Ramadan ends. But I kept feeling anger and distress, for no reason. I know for sure that these symptoms are related to black magic. I cried myself to sleep, because I feel weak. I want to be a better Muslim, but I keep feeling anger towards my holy Quran. I know in my heart truly that isn't how I feel towards Allah (SWT). Please help me, I don't know what to do.

Answer

Dear Brother,

We pray that Allah Ta’ala give you cure.

One of the reasons for the revelation of the Quran is to heal mankind from the different illnesses, Allah Ta’ala states:

{وَنُنَزِّلُ مِنَ الْقُرْآنِ مَا هُوَ شِفَاءٌ وَرَحْمَةٌ لِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ} [الإسراء: 82]

Translation: “And we gradually revel of the Quran that which is a healing and a mercy to the believers”. Surah al-Israa [82]

You should refer to a spiritual healer who can identify the reason you feel pain when you read the Quran. You should also seek medical assistance as it could be relater to medical illness.  

Tareque Ahmed