Asked Country: Saudi Arabia

Title: Ruling when one passes meeqat without ihram

Question

Assalamalaikum

I am an Indian, Hanafi, leaving in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, I made few trips to Taif and Riyadh (official, personnel, pleasure) and crossed Meeqat and coming back unknowingly, knowingly came through Huddood Al Haram. The muftis local here gave the ruling of doing mandatory umrah by wearing Ahraam again from meeqat in my life time or give one bakra as dum for each trip I made.I am convinced by the mufti here, but still feel to take another opinion for my relatives who have also done this type of act.

Also let me know what is the ruling with other maslaks.

Jazak Allah

Answer

Dear Brother,

In principle, when one trespasses the meeqat without ihram, then he should return to the meeqat and perform wajib umrah or hajj in his lifetime as well as give dam.

Therefore, the ruling of the local muftis is correct.

Tareque Ahmed

________________________________________

كتاب المسائل 106/3

الفتاوى الهندية (1/ 221)

وَلَا يَجُوزُ لِلْآفَاقِيِّ أَنْ يَدْخُلَ مَكَّةَ بِغَيْرِ إحْرَامٍ نَوَى النُّسُكَ أَوْ لَا وَلَوْ دَخَلَهَا فَعَلَيْهِ حَجَّةٌ أَوْ عُمْرَةٌ كَذَا فِي مُحِيطِ السَّرَخْسِيِّ فِي بَابِ دُخُولِ مَكَّةَ بِغَيْرِ إحْرَامٍ

الفتاوى التاتارخانية 552/3