Title: Reading Durood and Salam After Fajr

Question

AssallamuAllaykum ... I want to ask a common question : People in our area use to read "Salam"( Ya Nabi Salam alika , Ya Rasool Salam alika .............) after Fajr (etc...) They form a group , stand toward Harmain Sharifain ( Madina ) and read the salam in very nice manner !!!! My question is that , Is right to Join Them ? If it's wrong plzz provide Authentic Hadith !!! I personally felt it "WoW" !!! Plzz Provide urs Valuable Advice !!!!

Answer

Dear Brother,

Alhamdulillah, the people of your area love Rasulullah Sallallahu Alihi Wasallam. That is a sign of their strong Iman. Rasulullah Sallallahu Alihi Wasallam said:

عن أنس بن مالك، قال: قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم: " لا يؤمن أحدكم حتى أكون أحب إليه من ولده ووالده والناس أجمعين

Translation: It is reported on the authority of Anas bin Malik Radhyallahu Anhu that Rasulullah Sallallahu Alihi Wasallam said: “None of you is a believer till I am dearer to him than his child, his father and the whole of mankind”. Sahih Muslim [70]

It should also be noted that a lover will express his love as the lover wants him to do so. Rasulullah Sallallahu Alihi Wasallam himself advised us to love and express our love for him. Firstly, one should adhere to the sunnah of Rasulullah Sallallahu Alihi Wasallam. Allah Taa’la says:

قُلْ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ تُحِبُّونَ اللَّهَ فَاتَّبِعُونِي يُحْبِبْكُمُ اللَّهُ وَيَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ ذُنُوبَكُمْ وَاللَّهُ غَفُورٌ رَحِيمٌ

Translation: “Say, [O Muhammad], "If you should love Allah, then follow me, [so] Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Forgiving and Merciful”. Surah Aal Imran (31)

Reading durood and salam is also an expression of love. It is also an order of Allah. Allah Taa’la says:

إِنَّ اللَّهَ وَمَلَائِكَتَهُ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ يَاأَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا صَلُّوا عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوا تَسْلِيمًا

Translation: Indeed, Allah confers blessing upon the Prophet, and His angels [ask Him to do so]. O you who have believed, ask [ Allah to confer] blessing upon him and ask [ Allah to grant him] peace. Surah Ahzab (56)

There is no mention of standing and facing Madinah Munawwarah when reading durood and salam. One should send durood and salam in any way convenient to an individual and without regarding any specific way as compulsory to do so.

You should advise the people of your area with wisdom and love to recite durood and salam as much as possible as the Sahabah Radhyallahu Anhum used to do so. They did not stand and face Madinah Munawwarah to send durood and salam.

Tareque Ahmed

_______________________________

صحيح مسلم (1/ 67)

70-حدثنا محمد بن المثنى، وابن بشار، قالا: حدثنا محمد بن جعفر، حدثنا شعبة، قال: سمعت قتادة، يحدث عن أنس بن مالك، قال: قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم: " لا يؤمن أحدكم حتى أكون أحب إليه من ولده ووالده والناس أجمعين