Asked Country: Saudi Arabia

Title: Disagreement with husband because of daughters clothing

Question

salam,

i have been married for more then a year and i am expecting my first child.

i come from a tablighi background but fate is tht i got married into salafis. my shariah perda and everything  i have been tauhtis on rocks here, when it comes to me i can suffer without saying anything but my child cant.

my question is firstly:

tht am i being reasonable in saying when i dnt want my daughters to wear sleeveless or frocks without leggings or pajamas. my husband doesnt want tht till the age of 8. and he says if i dnt listen he will do sumthing severe i am scared. is he being fair?

my second question is right for me to pray to Allah not to give me daughters because of the bay hayai and no perda in my susraal.

jazakallah

Answer

We make dua Allah Taa’la grant you healthy child. Ameen.

To have a child, whether boy or girl is a great bounty of Allah.

It is permissible for a girl to wear the types of clothes you refer to. However, as a girl gets closer to puberty, she should be nurtured to dress modestly. Your husband does not mind you doing that after the age of eight. You should not oppose your husband in this especially when wearing such clothes for a minor is not prohibited. 

Tareque Ahmed

__________________________________

اپ کے مسائل اور ان كا حل طبعة جديدة 67/8

كتاب النوازل 337/15