Date: 3rd April 2019

Washing one’s surrounding after intimacy

Question

Asak,

My wife whenever we have sexual relation washes eveything we touch the bedsheets,bedspreads and we have 3yr old son who sleeps wid us I n same bed she actually bathe him also as she tells we have touch in impure state things become impureI want to know

1)should we bathe our son also just becoz he sleeps next to us

2)should we wash all bedsheets and bed spread blankets that we use even if no impurity has fallen as we use proctection but we were using it in inmpure state

3)if we can use same bedsheets den if we have ghusl n sit on dem and are we still pure 2 pray and ttouch quran or should we chng dem everytime we have sex

plz let me knw should we bathe my son also as he sleeos with us and we might touch him in impure state.

Answer

Brother in Islaam,

Intimacy with one’s wife is an act of worship and one is rewarded for it. Engaging in intimacy does not make the surroundings impure. Aside from both spouses performing ghusl after intercourse, there is no need to wash or change anything or anyone unless there is physical impurity on it. Your surroundings such as your bedsheets, bedspread, blankets, son, etc. remain pure and clean. Islaam is easy and simple. Advise your wife to avoid such difficulties.