Date: 16th May 2014

How to deal with urine droplets after urination

Question

Please help me with fatwa for this . after urination i properly wash my private parts. But sometimes i feel that some small drop has come out. if afterwards I perform wadu, do i have to wash my private part tip again.

In the alternative if i place a tissue paper in front of the private part tip, and remove that before performing wadu, do i have to wash my private part tip again before wadu.

Answer

After relieving yourself, you should conduct “Istibraa.” That is, do whatever it takes to remove the urine drops, for example, gently squeeze the private part from below or/and cough or/and bend towards the right or the left. After all this, if need be, wash your private area and stand up for a short while and sit again and repeat the Istibraa procedure as explained above. It is also advisable to sprinkle water around the private parts and the undergarments to avoid waswasah.

You may place a tissue paper as explained. There is no need to wash the private parts thereafter.

Muhammad Haris Siddiqui

Melbourne, Australia