Title: I spoke a lie that I am sick.

Question

Asalaamualaykum I am thinking about my past and the sins I need to repent for. I remember an incident when I was young and already reached the age of baligh, I lied and said to my mum I'm coughing blood so she took me to A&E and they admitted me into hospital for 2 days. My question is, what if someone who was actually really ill could have been treated before me, and because of me wasting the hospitals time, something happened to them and they could have been seen if it wasnt for me lying? What f something happened to someone because of me? What if someone died, and could have been treated whilst i was being seen?? If this did happen, have i committed murder? Please please dont ignore me, and not reply. I need a reply to this please, I am soooo scared Jazakallah

Answer

It is a sin to speak a lie.

You spoke a lie and regret that. Make tauba to Allah and resolve never to lie and deceive in future. Do not focus on the “what ifs” you refer to. A person is responsible only for direct harm and damage caused to someone. You did not do that.