Country: Australia

Advice for real estate business and how much people can we do isaal-e-thawab for?

Question

I would like to ask two questions:

1. Inshallah I will be opening my own real estate business in this country and wanted to know if there are any tips from a religious perspective to obtain Allah swt pleasure and to be successful. For example when I go door knocking or when I am presenting to an owner to get their property to sell, am I permitted to think in my mind that I am doing this to please Allah swt to be a successful Muslim, to support my family etc...

2. Is there a limit on how many people I can ask Allah swt to pass on the reward for an act of good? For example if I read Suart al Mulk, before I read, can I ask Allah swt to pass on the reward to particular people in my family and include amongst the people as first person, the prophet sala lahi alaihi wasalam. I am not sure if we are permitted to ask for the reward to be given to the prophet sala lahu alaihi wasalam directly, out of our love for him.

Answer

1: Mufti Ebrahim Desai Saheb has been running a Shariah Compliant Business Campaign for the past few years. The contents of the campaign can be viewed at: http://www.daruliftaa.net/~dar60/

You may also subscribe to the BEEP (Business Educational Empowerment Campaign) emails.

2: You may include any amount of people you want when you do eesaal-e-sawaab.[1]

Muhammad Haris Siddiqui

Chatham, Canada 

Daruliftaa.net 

[1] "والظاهر أنه لا فرق بين أن ينوي به عند الفعل للغير أو يفعله لنفسه ثم بعد ذلك يجعل ثوابه لغيره، لإطلاق كلامهم" - رد المحتار ج٢ ص٢٤٣ ايج ايم سيعد