Date: 23rd January 2014

How do i overcome my depression?

Question

From my childhood im getting bizarre dream and till now iam getting dreams like some one is hunting me to hurt ....iam really worried please suggest some wazeefa Second thing i want to get married even tough Alhamdullilah i got settled im not getting married, My parents and family members are not understanding my problem what iam facing iam almost depressed being alone please give me suggestionn to get rid of my problem.

Answer

1. The dreams you are experiencing are from Shaitaan. Do not get frightened by such dreams, they are harmless and have no significance. If you pay attention to such dreams, Shaitaan will capitalize on that to hurt you further.  

In future, perform wudhu before retiring to bed and adopt the following practices on experiencing such dreams:

-         Seek protection in Allah from the evil of the dream and Shaitaan.

-         Spit lightly to the left thrice.

-         Change your direction of sleep and turn over to the other side.

-         Recite “laa hawla wa la quwwata illaa billah”.

-         Do not mention the dream to anyone.

-         Give some charity.

2. We understand your predicament and that you wish to get married. Speak to your parents and express your feelings to get married. If your parents and other family members fail to understand that you are ready for marriage then you may adopt alternative methods in reaching out to your parents, for example, discuss the issue with some responsible person in the family, perhaps an elderly reputable person to communicate your feelings to your parents.

Contact a local reliable scholar who you could confide in to overcome your difficulty.

Exercise sabr (patience).

Most importantly, turn towards Allah Ta’ala and seek His guidance. Duas should always be the guiding factor in all aspects of our life.

Fahad Abdul Wahab

USA

www.Daruliftaa.net