Title: How should a menstruating woman perform Hajj?

Question

I intend to go on hajj this year. However, I will be menstruating whilst traveling so i will be pure just in time for hajj days. My question is, do I go into ihram from point of meeqat? And do I have to stay in ihram till I become pure and perform umrah? This will end up being a number of days of menstruating, possibly 5, so Im not sure what Im supposed to be doing. 

Answer

It is necessary to go into ihram at or before the meeqat irrespective of whether one is menstruating or not. If you are in the state of haidh while you are in ihram, you cannot perform Umrah. Therefore, you should wait until you become pure before you perform Umrah. [1]

Muntasir Zaman

USA

[1]  فان قدم الاحرام على هذه المواقيت جاز القدوري 409/2

وإذا حاضت المرأة اغتسلت واحرمت وصنعت كل ما يصنعه الحاج غير ان لا تطوف بالبيت حتى تطهر 460/2