Title: Can I wax my arms and legs due to having excessive hair?

Question

Asalaamualaykum I am a boy and i have shaved my arm and leg hair! My leg hair has rapidly grown back to about 5 cm and my arm hair is also rapidly growing! I shaved when i was about 9 years old, i did not know what i was doing as i took my Dad's shaver and shaved my legs and arms! Ever since that i have been shaving to keep my legs and arms from being bushy! So my question to you is that! 1) Can i wax to stop major hair growth from legs and arms? 2) Can i bleach my hair to make it look less thick, less dark? Please reply as fully as you can! Jazakallah Khair!

Answer

It is unusual for the hair to grow 5 cm long on the arms and legs. Nevertheless, in general, it is undesirable for a male to remove his hair from his arms and legs. However, if the hair is excessive and bushy as you refer to, the hair may be removed by waxing.[i]

Mufti Eb

[i]

البحر الرائق شرح كنز الدقائق ومنحة الخالق وتكملة الطوري (8/ 233)

وفي التتمة حلق شعر صدره وظهره فيه ترك الأدب وفي الملتقط يقبض على لحيته فإن زاد على قبضة جزه ولا بأس إذا طالت لحيته أن يأخذ من أطرافها وفي المضمرات: ولا بأس بأن يأخذ الحاجبين وشعر وجهه ما لم يشبه المخنث

فتاوى محمودية Vol 19, Pg 444.

فتاوى دار العلوم زكريا Vol 7, Pg 327.

فتاوى قاسمية  Vol 23, Pg 596.