Asked Country: Bangladesh

Answered Date: May 25,2013

Title: My husband does not love me, what should I do?

Question

I got married few months ago.Before marriage my husband had an affair for 12 years.after 1 month of my marriage, my husband realized that he does not love me and he now wants to marry his x girlfriend.He now hates me a lot.he wants to divorce me as soon as possible.but i dont want to do that. how can i save my marriage?

Answer

We take note of your predicament and make Du’aa to Allah to grant you strength and courage. Aameen.

Sister, while you wish to save your marriage, you should also face reality. The purpose of marriage is love and harmony. If your husband hates you so early in the marriage when generally married couples use the time to bond in love, this clearly reveals his mindset and intention. He has a deep rooted feeling for the girl he had an affair with for 15 years. Three months of marriage cannot change that.

You should not allow yourself to be abused in a marriage when there seems to be no hope. You are young and you need to make a serious determination for your future. Make Istikhara and seek Allah’s guidance.

If you feel there is no marriage for you in this union, the sooner it is terminated, the better for you. Allah will open up the doors of Mercy for your peace and happiness.

Ismail Desai,
Durban, South Africa