Answered Date: May 18,2013

Title: Du'aa for son

Question

May I ask you to help me with a prayer or Dua for the birth of a son and well being of my family?

Answer

It is our Du’aa that Allah (Ta’ala) grant you your heart’s wishes and desires that are good for you according to the absolute knowledge of Allah (Ta’ala). Allah (Ta’ala) knows what is good and bad for everyone.

Whilst you may have a particular wish and make Du’aa for that wish, submit to the decree of Allah (Ta’ala) as that is best for you.

The following Du’aa is very comprehensive for your wishes.

رَبَّنَا هَبْ لَنَا مِنْ أَزْوَاجِنَا وَذُرِّيَّاتِنَا قُرَّةَ أَعْيُنٍ وَاجْعَلْنَا لِلْمُتَّقِينَ إِمَامًا (سورة الفرقان، رقم الآية 74)

Our Sustainer, Grant us the coolness of our eyes from our spouses and children, and make us leaders of the pious.” (Qurān 25:74)

Recite this Du’aa as much as you can and especially after Salaah. Before making Du’aa, praise Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala) and send Salawaat (Durud) to Rasullullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam). After the Du’aa, again send Durud to Rasullullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam).

Ismail Desai,
Durban, South Africa