Title: Marriage with a drunkard

Question

i am 33, my parents never and will not look for a partner for me they always rejected or caused delays in proposals. i met someone 4years ago, and over time i concidered him as person to whom i will marry. i informed my parents and they have met him, but are taking a long time to finalise a decision. he loves me very much, we have not commit zina as i never i allowed it, but he has forces himself on me without my will. he has had an affair with a hindu who he said he does not want to be with and was a mistake, we spoke about it and i have given him another chance. i still want to marry this person for the wrong that i did and would like to make it halal. he is not a bad person even though he has hurt me alot, we have not commited zina and want to get married. is it right for me to marry him knowing he had an affair, lied and drinks which i was not aware of until recently. he has sworn never to do it again as it was just casual drink, i c the person he can become. ii am confused as i have found all this out after 4years but have to get married for the wrong we did. i am willing to marry him and he wants to marry me. please advice

Answer

We take note of the contents of your mail. 

If you are experiencing difficulty now, do not put yourself in a more difficult situation.

Furthermore, the attitude of the boy may be at its best now. What guarantee do you have that it will be so after you commit yourself to him? Especially knowing his background and that he speaks lies.

Exercise caution on your decision.