Asked Country: Saudi Arabia

Answered Date: Apr 09,2013

Title: Advice

Question

Respected Imam, I am a 24 year old male.  Once again I find myself in a state of confusion and wish to obtain your advice once again. Alhumdulillah, Allah has given me taufiq to get close to Tablighi Jamaat I try to join in the five muqami amal as much as I can. I have very strong intention of going for four months inshaAllah for which I need your advise as to how I should go ahead with several other things that I wish to achieve with the Help of Allah that are coming up in my life. Alhumdulilah I finished my exams and I now have a job as well Alhumdulilah. Firstly, me and my brother had planned to jointly purchase a new car, three years ago, to be used by our family as a whole. My first priority is to pay my share to my father who paid the whole price of the car when we first bought it. My brother has already paid his share.

Secondly, as I mentioned in my previous question, my parents have found me a bride and I wish to save up to bear all the expenses of my marriage so that the marriage can take place at the earliest convenience.

Thirdly, I have decided to live with my parents inshaAllah, and currently, I am unable to contribute in the running expenses of the house and my father is bearing all of them and he refuses my offer to submit my whole salary for the cause, but I wish to free my father of any such responsibility as soon as possible with ALLAH's help and Afiyah. Furthermore, as I mentioned in my previous question, I have finished my written exam part of my qualification, but in order to become fully qualified, I need to obtain.....relevant experience from an employer approved by my institute. I hope to get my current employer registered with the institute. We have very strict regulation by KSA government about residential permit which needs to be under a sponsor who controls our movement inside KSA and we need to be in touch even if we need to go to our home country. Legally, the employer should be the sponsor. (this law is being very aggressively enforced nowadays). Right now I have a very flexible sponsor but if my employer requires me ( or somehow law enforces me) to transfer my sponsorship under the company, then I'll have no choice but to transfer or to resign. This situation really bothers my four month jamat plan.

Lastly, as I mentioned in my previous question, I am on permanent hormonal therapy in order to maintain my secondary male sexual characteristics. I wonder whether I should stop taking them (I.e. till I am single) in order to keep away from sinning or to control desires easily. Please forgive me for including all the details but I really cannot turn to anyone else with such anonymity. Jazakumullah khairan katheera

Answer

Answer:

We take note of your detailed query in which you enumerated the following issues:

1) Paying your father for your car

2) Marriage

3) Obtaining a sponsor

4) Spending four months in Jamaat.

May Allah (Subhanahu Ta’ala) assist you in fulfilling your needs and aspirations. Aameen.

You state you are on permanent hormonal therapy.  You should consult with an upright and pious Muslim doctor whether you should continue with the therapy or not.

One should adopt courage and a firm resolution to refrain from sins.

Rasullullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) has prescribed fasting for an unmarried person in order to control his desires. You should therefore fast as much as possible until you get married.

Ismail Desai,
Durban, South Africa