Answered Date: Apr 01,2013

Title: Am I saying this correctly? “Ya Badee ul Ajaaibeh bil Khair ya badeeo” If I am not please tell me how to say it and what does this mean.

Question

Aslaamu Alaikum please reply on my email. Am i saying this correctly? " ya badi ul ajaibeh khaire ya badeeo" If I am not please tell me how to say it and what does this mean. Which spaara can I find it in? Thank you

Answer

The Du’aa in reference is:

يا بديع العجائب بالخير يا بديع

“Oh Unique Originator of goodness, Oh Originator”

“Ya Badee al-Ajaa’ibi Bil Khairi, Ya Badee’u”

The above Du’aa is not found in the Qur’an or Hadeeth. However, it is a Mujarrab (tried and tested) Du’aa used by our pious predecessors for the fulfilment of any important task or need.

It is permissible for one to recite a Mujarrab Duaa as long as one does not regard it to be compulsory.

Ismail Desai,
Durban, South Africa