Title: Marital Question

Question

Slaam, I apologise in advance if i am repeating a question, i have been through the questions and feel i still need to cover this. My husband/ ex husband...allah knows best, said talaaq 3times in one sitting but then continued to sleep with me, he never said he wanted me back and never moved back home.he continued a relationship with his girlfriend of the time who is now his wife. He later wrote it on a paper as well saying he divorces me 3 times...and also told his current wife and all the family that he has divorced me.she did say to him she won't marry him until he divorces me so i know he must've repeated it several times in front of a lot of people .i want to know if we are divorced,,,,,or not? Does that talaaq count as he continued a physical relationship with me? Allah knows what his intentions were at the time... since leaving home and divorcing me he never once said he wanted to me back or wanted to come home? I keep getting told different things by different people.. I would really appreciate if if you could clarify this matter...as this took place in .... and until today I'm unsure because of the different information I'm getting. Jazakallh

Answer

Your “husband” issued you three divorces verbally. He later issued you three divorces in writing. He also told many people he divorced you.

Sister, your marriage has terminated from the first time your “husband” issued you three divorces verbally. You are no more his wife. You cannot live with him as living with him is considered as Zina. Make Tawba to Allah and separate from him immediately.