Dear brother Assalamu Alaykum. I have two questions:
1. There are clear glass doors in a mosque and some people were offering salah on one side of the doors. If the doors are closed then other side of the doors is clearly visible. In that case is it ok to walk through on another side of the doors?
2. Mosque is nearly 4 minutes distance from office. Almost all staffs are offering salah in congregation in office. It is a software firm and there is no harm if all staff go out for prayer in mosque. Are they doing right by offering salah in office? Is the reward for congregation in office/house is same as congregation in mosque?
Besides my question I would to like to draw your attention to the below answer submitted by you. Here (red marked) may be few typing mistakes. Please make correction.
1. I was with Ibn Abās Radhiyallāhu Anhumā
2. Ibn Abās Radhiyallāhu Anhumā replied
3. It is reported from Abdullāh bin Masood Radhiyallahu Anht
May Allah reward you for your noble effort.
Mohammad Abu Salek
In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.
1. It is permissible for one to walk on the opposite side of the glass doors. However, one should abstain from doing so as such an action may disturb the concentration of those performing Salaah on the opposite side of the glass doors.
2. Salaah is one of the fundamental pillars of Islam and Eemaan. Salaah is the hallmark and distinguishing trait and characteristic of a Mu’min (Believer). Shariah accords significant importance to regular and punctual performance of Salaah with Jama’ah (congregation).
Rasullullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) Said:
صلاة الجماعة أفضل من صلاة الفذ بسبع وعشرين درجة
“Salaah with congregation is more virtuous than performing Salaah individually twenty seven times” (Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawood)
The importance of performing Salaah with congregation is clearly understood from the above Hadeeth. Furthermore, it is also understood that there is much more reward for performing Salaah with congregation than performing Salaah at home, workplace, etc.
You should remind your friends of the importance of performing Salaah with Jama’ah (congregation). You should deal with them in a most diplomatic and kind manner. It might be a good idea to obtain some booklets on the importance of Salaah and distribute these to your fellow Muslim co-workers. Hadhrat Sheikh Moulana Muhammed Zakariyya Saheb (Rahmatullahi Alayhi) has written an entire book on the virtues of Salaah. This might prompt them to perform Salaah with Jama’ah (congregation) on a regular basis.
You may also arrange for a local Aalim/Mufti to deliver a Jumu’ah Bayaan on the importance of performing Salaah with Jama’ah.
Kindly refer to the following detailed article on the importance of Salaah: http://www.askimam.org/public/question_detail/15221
JazakAllah for bringing the typo errors to our attention. The askimam team will make the relevant changes accordingly.
And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best
Student Darul Iftaa
Durban, South Africa
Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.
و يغرز الامام و كذا المنفرد في الصحراء و نحوها سترة بقدر ذراع طولا و غلظ اصبع لتبدو للناظر بقربه دون ثلاثة اذرع علي حذا أحد حاجبيه ما بين عينيه و الأيمن أفضل (ص 636-637، ج 1، الدر مع التنوير، ايج ايم سعيد، كراتشي)