Asked Country: Botswana

Title: Marriage Question

Question

I know a girl in my town who I feel is the right person to be my life partner. However, she is in love with someone else. How do I propose to her dad? I feel he might reject me because I am Tablighi and they are Sunni.

Answer

Answer:

You cannot choose a marital partner merely on your feeling towards a girl. Marriage comes with huge responsibilities. A successful marriage is based on compatibility and loyalty. If the girl is from a different philosophical background from you, you will encounter many challenges with her and her family.

Furthermore, consciousness in Deen is vital for a happy marriage. If the girl in reference is in a love relationship, she lacks Allah consciousness in her. That may not make for a good wife. Discuss the issue with your parents and seek their wise counsel. They are mature and have seen challenges in life. They love you and will advise you the best.