Title: I want to get married but my parents do not respond positively, what can I do?

Question

Salams, So out of my siblings, I am the only girl. I want to bring up the topic of marriage to my parents because I feel that I should get married soon and not wait until I am done with my studies. But the problem is that I don't know how to bring up that topic because everytime I do, they say that I should not worry about it because when the timeis right something will come up. Please Mufti Ebrahim I need advice on how I should bring this topic up for my parents in a good way with out causing them to think of something bad along with it. Thank you

Answer

You state you want to get married but you cannot express your feelings to your parents because whenever you do express the desire to get married they do not respond positively.

You may ask someone who is close to your parents to speak to your parents on your behalf and even to look for a suitable spouse for you and further refer him to your parents.

You should also make dua that Allah grants you a suitable and compatible spouse and soften the heart of your parents.