Asked Country: Mauritius

Title: Student concerened about examination results

Question

I took part in very important exams about one month ago.Though i am a serious student and i tried as far as possible to give my best in all the papers,yet im afraid i did not do so well in some papers.I will be obtaining my results in about one month.At the time being,most probably paper corrections are going on at the examination body,can you please suggest a dua to read so that Allah helps me and somehow the correction of my papers goes on well for me to obtain good results?I firmly believe that Allah can turn impossible into possible and thats the reason for which i wish to obtain a dua to seek His help in this aim.I sincerely wish to obtain good results not only for me,but also for my parents' and teachers' happiness.I do not wish to disappoint them and also those results are extremely important for my career in the future.

Waiting for your reply as soon as possible..JazakAllah

Answer

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

As-salāmu ʿalaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh

In this world of needs (Dārul Asbāb) we adopt means to fulfill our needs. In normal circumstances, our needs are not automatically fulfilled. We thus adopt the necessary means for our needs and thereafter place our trust in Allah Taʿālā for the outcome. This is called Tawakkul.

You studied hard for your exams and gave your fullest. Now place your trust in Allah Taʿālā in the outcome.

If you honestly worked hard and did your best, then be positive. We all have limitations and restrictions. No one is perfect. There is a limit to what we can do. We can’t do it all.

Firstly, thank Allah Taʿālā for giving you the strength to study in the first place. Had He not given you the strength, you would not be able to study. While you await your results, sayاَلْحَمْدُ لِلَّه  (“All Praises are due to Allah”) for your hard work and be positive.

Whatever the results are, be content and happy.

And Allah Ta’ālā Knows Best