Asked Country: Germany

Title: I take a shower for more than an hour but still don`t feel clean

Question

Selam Aleykum Mufti,

My Problem is the waswasa of sheytan! I take too long for wudhu or ghusul. For ghusul about 1 hour or half an hour. For the normal Wudhu I take 5 minutes or 6. Im very tired of that . I want to pray to Allah but it is very hard for me, even to take wudhu.

For example: If I take Ghusul I don't believe that the impurity is gone. I take shampoo but its in my eyes there is still impurity.

Please Advise me Mufti

Answer

You have identified your problem. It is the waswasa of shaytaan. The solution is simple. Simply follow the principle of making wudhu and ghusl.

In wudhu, wash your limbs three times and stop at that point.

In ghusl, wash the entire body only once and stop at that point.

In order to cure yourself, you should regard washing more than three times in wudhu and more than once in ghusl as haram.

You may also stipulate a maximum time in ghusl for example 5 minutes. Be firm on that and firmly believe your wudhu and ghusl is valid.