Title: Is this dua/ practice authentic?

Question

Assalamualaikum,

I just had a question I wanted to ask you. Some people believe in a Dua that needs to be done precisely at the third month of pregnancy and it helps in being blessed with a son. The parents basically say that we have named our son Muhammad(even though they dont know if its a son). I am told that you cannot give any other name. Can you tell me if its an authentic dua. To me it sounded a little strange that a dua would be conditional but I may not know the truth. Could you please shed some light on it and give your opinion.

Salam

Answer

We looked for the practice you mentioned and were unable to find it. It may be a mujarrab practice (based on a person’s personal experience). Also, it is incorrect to say that a child cannot be given any name other than Muhammad.

If a person wants a son, he/she should make Dua that Allah Ta’aala grant them a son.

Saanwal ibn Muhammad,

UK   

Checked and Approvedby,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai Saheb

&nbs