Title: Husband Addicted to Porn

Question

As salaam alaikum, i have been married for 17 years. My husband has a very bad habit of watching porn site. It started with just watching to now even chatting with unknown people online & talking dirty. He also uses our intimate pics & posts them on such websites. I have caught him many times. Spoken to him many times. Told his mother too- she made him swear on her that he would not do it. But every few months he goes back to doing these haraam stuff. I have never seen any remorse in him. Not a little bit of shame or guilt. Infact everytime i catch him, he gets angry on me & vents out his anger on me. I am not sure if i am a good wife or what to think of this situation. Should i leave him or give him another chance like always - hope against hope that he will change.

Answer

Your husband’s addiction to porn is of concern. In order for us to advise you, let us know if you have children. What is the option of temporary separation from him to jolt him to up and make him leave his bad habit.

Right now he is comfortable having a wife and all the related comforts while feeding his bad habit. He does not feel ashamed and your objection has no impact on him. Probably, something drastic has to be done to shock him out of his bad habit. You may email your response at: admin@daruliftaa.net