Title: Please inform me of a Wazifa for becoming rich.

Question

Please tell me a wazifa for becoming rich.

Answer

The general understanding of being rich is to have an abundance of wealth. The desire and the purpose for being rich is to enjoy a life of comfort. However, we observe that there are many rich people who are uncomfortable and are living a life of misery. The reason for this is their misconception that wealth itself brings peace and happiness.

Allah is the Creator and giver of peace. A poor person could be more peaceful than a rich person, thus achieving the purpose of abundance of wealth without actually having wealth.

While you desire to be rich, the actual thing to be desired is barakat in your wealth. When a person is conscious of Allah and fulfills the rights of the wealth according to the ordains of Allah, Allah blesses that wealth. The person then enjoys peace and comfort in his life.

In order to become rich and have barakat in your wealth we prescribe the following:

It was one of the noble habits of Rasulullah Salallahu Aliahi wa Salam to recite Surah Waakiah every night. Rasulullah Salallahu Aliahi wa Salam  used to encourage his Sahabah Radiallahu Anhum to read Surah Waakiah every night.

It is narrated by Ibn Masud Radiallahu Anhu  that

When Abdullah Radiallahu Anhu became sick, a sickness from which he passed away.

Uthman bin Uffan Radiallahu Anhu visited him and asked, “What is bothering you?”

Abdullah Radiallahu Anhu replied, ‘ My sins”

Uthman bin Uffan Radiallahu Anhu asked, “What do you desire?”

He replied, “The mercy of Allah.”

He asked, “Shall I not consult a doctor for you?”

He replied, “Doctors have made me sick.”

He asked, “Shall I not get people to offer you (wealth) which will be sufficient for your daughters after your demise?”

He replied, “I do not have any need for it.”

He said, “Do you not fear of poverty for your daughters?”

He replied, “I have ordered my daughters to recite Surah Waaqiah every night for verily I have heard the Prophet  Salallahu Aliahi wa Salam  saying “Whosoever recites Surah Waaqiah every night, he shall never be afflicted with poverty.”

Rasulullah Salallahu Aliahi wa Salam said:

من قرأ صورة الواقعة كل ليلة لم تصبه فاقة ابدا

Whoever recites Surah Waakiah every night will never be poor ever.” (Tafsir Ibn Kathir, Vol. 3, Pg 346.)[1]

You should ensure that your Muamulaat (Dealings) are Shariah compliant.  If  your transactions are Shariah compliant you will gain Barakat  of Almighty Allah in your trading and in your wealth.

Saeed Ahmed Golaub

Jamaica

Checked and Approved

daruliftaa.net 

[1]:وَقَالَ الْحَافِظُ ابْنُ عَسَاكِرَ فِي تَرْجَمَةِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ مَسْعُودٍ بِسَنَدِهِ إِلَى عَمْرِو بْنِ الرَّبِيعِ بْنِ طَارِقٍ الْمِصْرِيِّ: حَدَّثَنَا السُّرِّي بْنُ يَحْيَى الشَّيْبَانِيُّ، عَنْ أَبِي شُجَاعٍ، عَنْ أَبِي ظَبْيَةَ قَالَ: مَرِضَ عَبْدُ اللَّهِ مَرَضَهُ الَّذِي تُوُفِّيَ فِيهِ، فَعَادَهُ عُثْمَانُ بْنُ عَفَّانَ فَقَالَ: مَا تَشْتَكِي؟ قَالَ: ذُنُوبِي. قَالَ: فَمَا تَشْتَهِي؟ قَالَ: رَحْمَةَ رَبِّي. قَالَ أَلَا آمُرُ لَكَ بِطَبِيبٍ؟ قَالَ: الطَّبِيبُ أَمْرَضَنِي. قَالَ: أَلَا آمُرُ لَكَ بِعَطَاءٍ؟ قَالَ: لَا حَاجَةَ لِي فِيهِ. قَالَ: يَكُونُ لِبَنَاتِكَ مِنْ بَعْدِكَ؟ قَالَ: أَتَخْشَى عَلَى بَنَاتِي الْفَقْرَ؟ إِنِّي أَمَرْتُ بَنَاتِي يَقْرَأْنَ كُلَّ لَيْلَةٍ سُورَةَ الْوَاقِعَةِ، إِنِّي سَمِعْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وسلم يَقُولُ: "مَنْ قَرَأَ سُورَةَ الْوَاقِعَةِ كُلَّ لَيْلَةٍ، لَمْ تُصِبْهُ فَاقَةٌ أَبَدًا". (2) تفسير ابن كثير ت سلامة (7 / 512)