Accidentally saying opposite du’aa

Question

Asalamu-alaykum 

This morning after my fajr salah, I was making a dua as one does , my concern is that I accidently uttered some words in my dua which I wholeheartedly didnt mean as I was meaning to say something totally opposite, I meant to request from Allah that he makes jahannam haraam for me and my family and muslims, HOWEVER - I verbally said Allah make jannat haraam for me , my family and muslims.. 

No muslim would ever want jannat haraam on them, I made a massive mistake due to my weakness, will this mistake have any negative impact in the hereafter ? Totally worried, I have since this morning been making astagfar and Allah swt knows what was in my heart when these words were uttered, since then I have been requested Allah to forgive me and will insha ALLAH be more careful in future in dua.

Please advise 

Jazakallah

Answer

You state that it was a slip of the tongue and you did not mean to make such a du’aa. Accordingly, you will not be taken to task for it nor will it have any negative impact in the hereafter. Consider the following Hadith of Rasulullaah (Sallallaahu ‘alaihi wasallam):

إِنَّ اللَّهَ تَجَاوَزَ عَنْ أُمَّتِي الْخَطَأَ وَالنِّسْيَانَ وَمَا اسْتُكْرِهُوا عَلَيْهِ

Translation: “Verily Allaah has pardoned for my Ummah: their mistakes, their forgetfulness and that which they have been forced to do under duress.” (Ibn Maajah 2043)