Asked Country: Nigeria

Title: I didn’t perform ghusl after masturbating; are my fasts accepted?

Question

If one masturbates on the 5th day of Ramadhan and did not take ghusl because they were unsure whether ghusl was necessary after this heinous act, then are the following 25 fasts accepted or must Qadha be made for the fasts plus the one of the 5thRamadhan?

Answer

As-salāmu ‘alaykumwa-rahmatullāhiwa-barakātuh.

The following 25 fasts will be valid even if a person does not perform ghusl after masturbating. He will, however, have to do Qadha of the 5th fast if he masturbated whilst fasting.[1]

Checked and Concurred by,
Abdul Azīm bin AbdurRahman

Ismail Desai

[1]فتاوى محمودية، ج10، ص173، ادارة الفاروق