Asked Country: Saudi Arabia

Title: Can I cut my unwanted hairs and nails on 5th of Dhul Hajj before going for Hajj.

Question

I am gong to haj from riyadh on 8th of zilhajj and i want to perform hajj e ifrad ,i want to know that can i cut my unwanted hairs and nails on 5th zilhajj before going for hajj

Answer

It is permissible for one to cut one’s unwanted hairs and nails before donning the Ihraam for Hajj.[1]

However, The Fuqahaa (Jurists) have mentioned that it is Mustahab for one doing Qurbani to abstain from cutting one’s nails and hair during the first ten days of Dhul Hijjah.

Ismail Desai,
Durban, South Africa

Checked and Concurred by,
Moulana Abdul Azeem Bin Abdul Rahmaan

يجب أن يعلم بأن حلق الشعر و قلم الأظفار حرام علي المحرم (المحيط البرهاني، ج 3، ص 433، ادارة[1]