Title: I pay my Zakaat to an organization. I request this organization to supply me with a S18A tax certificate stating that I made a donation. I use this tax exemption Certificate to pay less income tax. Is this permissible?

Question

I pay my Zakaat to an organization. I request this organization to supply me with a S18A tax certificate stating that I made a donation. I use this tax exemption Certificate to pay less income tax. Is this permissible?

Answer

Answer:

It is permissible for one to give Zakaat and submit the S18A Tax Certificate and receive a rebate on income tax. The Zakaat will be discharged.

Moulana Ismail Desai,
Durban, South Africa