Title: Can i use Facebook?

Question

Assalaamu alaikum

I am a engineering student and have been given the responsibility of being a campus ambassador of a big IT company in our college. The resbonsibility includes that i promote various trainings and tests conducted by that company in our college campuses. As most of the students use facebook for online communication all the related information has to be posted on facebook.

I deleted my facebook profile following the blasphemy of rasul Allah conducted on facebook, after listening to the bayan of Mufti Taqi Usmani Sahab. 

Should I use facebook for the above said purpose or not. It involves no money.

Jazak Allah

Wasalaam

Answer

Brother in Islaam,

The use of Facebook is permissible provided one does not violate the laws of Shari’ah while doing so. We do not know which lecture of Hadhrat Mufti Taqi Uthmani (Hafizahullaah) you refer to. Nevertheless, Facebook did not promote nor is it responsible for the blasphemy incident you refer to in the query.

In the enquired situation, you may use Facebook for the purpose in reference.