Asked Country: Nigeria

Title: How should I make up the fast that I missed during my periods over the years?

Question

How should I make up the fast that I missed during my periods over the years?

Answer

Answer:

You should make an assessment according to your best judgement and calculate the number of days of fasts that you think that you have missed. Then you should organize a system to cover up these days.  Organize a system that is easy for you to follow.

It is sufficient to make the intention that you are keeping qada fast the first in your obligation. Intention for qada fast must be made the night before observing the fast otherwise the fast will not be valid and it will be regarded as nafl fast. (Bahishti Zewar Vol. 1 pg 332)

Fasts that have been missed should be made up as soon as possible. It is a sin to delay your missed fasts.

(Ibid)

Mawlana Saeed Ahmed Golaub

Westmoreland, Jamaica, West Indies

Checked and Concurred by,

Moulana Ismail Desai

daruliftaa.net 

1 

Darul Iftaa Building project

Assalāmu `alaikum Warahmatullāhi Wabrakatuh,

We make Du’aa you are well. The Darul Iftaa was established in the year 2011. The fundamental objective of the Darul Iftaa is to train Ulama from various parts of the world to become Muftis. In this world of scientific calculations and technological advancements, economic confusion and political disarray, a Mufti is trained to understand and analyze current situations and provide leadership for the Ummah. There is a vacuum  of competent Muftis in various parts of the world. The Ummah lacks leadership. There are currently twelve students who are studying at the Darul Iftaa. They are from United States of America, United Kingdom, Mozambique, Jamaica, Zambia, Canada and South Africa. There are many Ulama from many parts of the world who have applied to study the Iftaa course. They could not be accommodated due to lack of adequate facilities. The Darul Iftaa has therefore embarked on an expansion project.

The Darul Iftaa requests your generous contributions for the expansion project. The building project has already begun and is expected to be completed within the next three months. This is indeed a great opportunity for you to earn Sawab e Jariyah in the Aakhirah. This is a tree with many branches bearing sweet fruits for your Aakhirah. Insha’Allah. The Darul Iftaa banking details are as follows:

Bank:              FNB Bank
Account#:     62347912778
Branch:           221126

(The Darul Iftaa is registered and has the following PBO exemption number: 930039227 – 3 May 2012)

JazakAllah.

PS. For international donors, kindly make your contributions through PayPal: