Asked Country: Denmark

Title: Question on delaying fasting.

Question

Assalamualaikum brother in Islam? I travelled to other country which is around 700-800 km from my place and the travel time is merely 2-3 hrs. However my question is that i slept after Asr salaah during ramadaan and woke up at 1 in the morning meaning the breaking of fast got unintentionally delayed for 4 hrs. Does this means that my fast became invalid ? And do I have to compensate for it ? Other question is that I would be travelingfrom west to east meaning my fasting days would be more than the people in east so can these additional fasting days be treated as compensation ? Thanks and Jazakallah ! Salaam

Answer

Answer:

1) The fast is valid. Delaying the fast does not invalidate the fast.

2) If you fasted one day extra, it will be regarded as Nafl, a voluntary fast.