Answered Date: Jun 05,2012

Title: How to cover up missed Salaahs?

Question

From the previous mail I understand that I have to repeat the Salaahs performed in clothes affected by ‘madhi discharge’ as it is mentioned in the mail:

Madhī (pre-coital fluid) is a clear fluid which emits due to sexual arousal. It is najāsah ghalīzah (major impurity)”

“If one finds that the amount of madhī which usually comes is more than the overlooked amount, salaah will have to be repeated. Make an honest, calculated judge to determine how many Salāh were performed in such a state.”

Now I want to ask that I don’t remember the exact figure about how many salah were performed in such a state so what should I do know? Should I make an estimate?

Second question is that I have heard that all chocolates designed by Mars Company are Haraam as they have started adding animal rennet… is that true? Please mention whether we can eat kitkat, twix etc. as no animal rennet is mentioned on the wrapper

Answer

1.      If you do not know exactly how many Salah you have to repeat, you should make a fair, unbiased estimate and act accordingly.

2.      We are not aware about whether Mars use animal rennet in their products. Even if they do, it will be permissible to consume on condition that it is derived from a lawful animal; regardless of whether it has been slaughtered according to Shariah or not. For more detail; refer to the following fatwa: http://www.askimam.org/public/question_detail/18042