Title: When I hear the prophet's (pbuh) name I kiss my thumbs and then those thumbs touch my eyes. Which is the right group?

Question

There is a hadith,which: that there are 73 groups of muslims, one shall go to Heaven and the rest will (72) will go to Hell. Every individual group belives that they are the group of salvation. I am a sunni muslim, who after every farz salat says the declaration of faith (LAILLAH ILLALLAH). When I hear the prophet's (pbuh) name I kiss my thumbs and then those thumbs touch my eyes.(There is one incident when the azan was being given, Abu Bakar when he heard the prophet's (pbuh) name in the azan kissed his thumbs and then those thumbs touch the eyes. Upon that the Prophet (pbuh) said however, shall do this till the day of qiymat my intercession will be on him) Are these two characteristics of a sunni muslim bidat? (Bear in mind that the Ahle Suunat Wal Jammat is the group of salvation, I am part of this jammat). Please answer in reference to hadith or some nobel saying from a pious person.

Answer

Allamah Shami who is a renowned scholar has mentioned that there is no
authentic Hadith with regards to kissing one's hand and touching one's eyes
when Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam)'s name is heard during Adhaan. The
Muhadditheen (scholars of Hadith) have also mentioned that the Hadith of Abu
Bakr (Radhiallaahu Anhum) is not authentic. (Shaami vol.1 pg.398; HM Saeed)

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

FATWA DEPT.