Asked Country:

Title: Accepting a marriage proposal

Question

Assalamualaikum

I have recently got a praposal from a 32 year old divorced boy, i am never married, 23 year old girl, I am alhamdulillah very islamic , the boy is a U.K citizen and the boys family resides in a district however the boy says he will settle in my city, me and my family is in a dilemma, I am not able to decide what to do.

Answer

Sister in Islaam,

Marriage is a lifelong commitment. Consider the various aspects of compatibility. Do not rush into a marriage if you are not completely happy with the prospective. If you feel inclined to the man in reference, make istikhaarah and consult with your parents.